Monday, August 22, 2011

Outfit of the Day: On Trend: Stars, Knee Boots and Red Lips.

Hi, back from Wales yesterday and was completely wiped. Overslept terribly then went into Stockport for a bit of shopping, got a few nice tops from Topshop and a polka dot prom dress from Evans.

No pics from my holiday I'm afraid. I'm not a picture person and I'm there about once a month or more so it doesn't feel right. I like to experience things as they happen instead of fiddling with cameras. :)

So here is an OOtD!

{Star Print Dress ~ Evans (circa 2005/6?), Cloche Hat ~ Helen Winterson's, Boots ~ Evans (circa 2005), Red Lipstick ~ Maybelline 'Fatal Red'}

So while in Wales I read a lot of magazines. In fact whenever I'm in Wales I tend to read my months worth of magazines, which tends to include Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, Cosmopolitan, Glamour (though to be honest I am getting sick of it), Essentials, Company and Dr Who Adventures. One of these is not like the other. Bow ties are cool! :D

And I have to say I am loving these this seasons trends. I tend not to be too trend led because well, some trends are just not me, eg harem pants. But all the trend I'm reading about, its like the designers of teh world said 'Let's make Sian's bank card cry tears of joy and debt'.

Stars are my favourite print. I have this dress, at least 3 scarves, several tops and so many earrings that are star related. In fact I'd like a couple of star tattoos. They're beautiful, magical and make everything just.... better.

I have had this Evans dress for years, but felt it was a little formal for every day wear. I no longer worry about this. If you feel like dressing up, just dress up. Plus its girly without straying from who I am.

The boots have stack heels though you can't see. You also can't see that I sunk into the grass with said heels in this photo! haha.

{Skull Ring ~ Joshua Tree, Pwllheli, Cross Necklace ~ ASOS, Charm Bracelet (just seen) ~ Ebay}

I also love the return of red lips. In my mind red lips are classic, they are never out of fashion. I was reinvigorated with love for red when I saw this Maybelline shade. Gorgeous. I used to think because I have quite red skin I could never wear red lipstick. Well, kicked that idea in the butt and now its my go to shade if I'm mainly wearing black. Though I have recently also fell in love with the nude lip look, especially with dark eyes, so sixties.

So I am hoping for more star prints, gothic/victorian styles, forties glamour, wearable fetish gear, fur and classic make-up this autumn/winter 2011. And hopefully some of this will trickle down to plus size stores. Pretty please with cherries on top? xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love your outfit, you look so nice, the dress is so awesome, the color, the length, the shape are perfect and those accessories are just the perfect touch, you look good! Your blog is lovely and I'm a new follower! Hope you'll like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty dress! The star trend is only heating up. I better join in on the fun.

    ReplyDelete