Monday, November 07, 2011

OotD: A Multitude of Sizes

{Wasted Youth T-Shirt ~ Topshop, Black Skinny Jeans ~ Marks and Spencers, Bolero ~ Evans, Star Print Scarf ~ Vintage, Fingerless Gloves ~ Primark, Creepers ~ Underground UK}

Technically outfit of Saturday, but there we go.
It struck me as I put on the below sequin dress that sizing in shops is bizarre. In the above item I am wearing a size 16 t-shirt, size 20 jeans and a size 24 bolero.... That shouldn't happen right? That I can wear simultaneously a 16 and a 24? That is four sizes difference.

In a way it also tells me I shouldn't be constrained by the label in my clothes. Just because I am generally a size 20 deosn't mean I can't look at clothes smaller or bigger than that and as many plus sizers say "Make it work".

{Black Sequin Dress ~ Dorothy Perkins}

 I saw this dress in the window and before you know it I'm in the changing room. Suprising this dress is only about £30. Not bad for a sequined dress really. It is also really pretty in person, just the right amount of shine and glitter, so it isn't tacky.

Unfortunately I need a size up for comfort which they did not have in store. Plus I really shouldn't be spending at the moment even though I have an ASOS wishlist as long as my arm. Oh the midi skirts and jumpers.....

Anyone seen any other plus size sequin dresses about? Or are you guys hating this trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment