Saturday, January 28, 2012

Dull Days



I made this set on polyvore this morning as I had a huge yearning to wear this kind of outfit. I have become more fashion orientated in the last year or so but its never hit me how much I love to express myself through how I look untill I broke my leg. I can't wear my favourite jeans, leather trousers, tights or super maxi skirts. At first I didn't mind, I was just happy to be out of hospital and to have only a broken leg. I am pretty lucky considering, I know that. This does not stop the frustration of not being able to do so many things.

So today, I dressed up. Well, as much as one can when one has a broken leg and is exhausted just from showering.

{Maxi Dress ~ Dorothy Perkins, Crutches and Cast ~ Stepping Hill Hospital}

Sorry for the terrible picture. My mum was sleepy and I was in pain during the whole process. :s

 {Face ~ Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer in Alabaster, Nurture Translucent Face Powder, Eyes ~ Barry M Supper Softe Eye Crayon No. 1, Maybelline Collosal Vollume Cats Eye Mascara, Lips ~ Pixi Lip & Line Primer,  Illamasqua Lipstick in Perlious}

When the Illamasqua sale was on I grabbed a few bits and bobs including a lipstick in Perilous, which you can see here. I have always felt a bit funny about orange lipstick. I associate with my grandmother who I don't hold fond memories of. But at half price, I thought I'd give it a go. I'm really glad I did.


 I find this a shade which is very wearable. Less hassle than a red, more interesting than a pink! I'm actually quite impressed that this goes so well with my skintone too.

The formula of Illamasqua lipstick is slightly drying, but I've never been a fan of overly moisturising lipsticks. I tend to be annoyed with how wet they feel!

{Haha, sorry about my foot and crutches in the background!}


The packaging of Illamasqua products are classic, black and feel sturdy, which is a definite plus for me as i tend to drop things a lot. As one of these lipsticks generally runs at £15.50 I did perhaps expect a little bit more out of the packaging, but at half price I can't complain.




This is a swatch of perilous in the half light I'm afraid. I would say that it is a "bright apricot orange" with a matte finish, just like it says on the Illamasqua website. I am very interested in the now back in stock Flare shade, which seems to be a very bright orange.

I am getting a new cast on Monday and then off to Wales! So excited to be on one level again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment