Monday, January 23, 2012

A Little Less Conversation

Last Tuesday my mother and I made a run for it. We travelled to our bungalow in Wales for a week as its one floor and so easier for me to get around on crutches. We had to come back for today as I had a hospital appointment to get a full plaster put on my leg. I can get it signed now! Haha, I feel like such a kid.

While I was away, a big boots order came! Mmmmm..... Make-up!
I've tended towards black eyes and red lips if I do make-up at all, so I wanted a bit of a change. So I got a little Boots 17 eye trio called Dolly Mixture, which has pastel shades of yellow, pink and blue in it. Bit out there, but I like it. I'd swatch but the light here has gone, as you can see from these pictures.


Apologies for the pictures, but there were taken in bad light using my webcam. I am a night owl and tend actually do things evening to night time. I am a mess in the morning.

I used the pastel pink over one eye and under the other and did the same with the pastel yellow on the other eye. I've seen a lot of make-up blogs where people sort of reverse colours like this, but they put a lot more effort in! I actually really like this colour way and the 17 eyeshadow is supprisingly pigmented for its price point.


The pink really doesn't show up in long shots. :(

I used Model's Own lip balm in Blackberry on my lips. I tend to shy away from purple, especially dark purple lips so I thought this would be an easy way to ease into this look. The formula is divine! So moisturising and you can make it very sheer or a little more opaque if you slick more on. It stains a bit too so even if you're lax in reapplying (hi, that's me) you still get pretty good colour.

I am probably going back to Wales in the next few days, where we might be getting some broadband (maybe) so I cannot say if I'll be blogging or not.

Hope everyone is having a good time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment