Monday, February 06, 2012

Pinteresting, My Dear.

So, yes, once more I sign myself up to one of these sites which I will add to ever increasing list of sites I obsessively check.

This one I can see being pretty interesting and useful though. On Pinterest, you create boards and 'pin' pictures and videos to your virtual board. Your boards could be what you have in your wardrobe, what you want to buy, what you wish was in your size/price range, your style, products you love, etc. That is just considering it as a fashion related tool. You can also have boards full of quotes, recipes, inspiration, art, technology, craft projects, travel ideas, wedding plans, books you love, home decorating, hair and beauty ideas. Its really endless.

Of course, with all social networking type sites you have friends and followers who see what you pin and there is a commenting feature on the pins too. But here you can either follow all or choose specific boards you want to keep track of. I think this is super useful, as maybe I want to follow someone's style board, but not their fitness or baby shower idea board. Not because I don't like the person or their ideas, but because fitness and kids aren't my thing. This is also a good way of keeping your feed full of things you want to see not clogged up with stuff you don't care about. I'm looking at you, Facebook.

My Pinterest account is here. As I am mostly housebound I have been spamming a bit. I promise to be less annoying, but I will still probably post quite a bit when I do have internet access as I love gathering inspiration into one place.

Any of you have a Pinterest account? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment