Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

Ok, bad post title aside (I am huge David Bowie fan), this is an important post with absolutely no fashion in it. It is more of an admin post.

Awhile ago I changed the name of this blog from Sian's Fatshion Rags to Sort Life Out; Buy Milk. My hope was to change from being just another fat girl's fashion blog to be a more broad personal blog, though mostly of my interests not my personal life.

Here is a pic of my blog ideas brainstorm:


Image description for those with screen readers or that cannot read my handwriting.

"I Made It Monday" ~ Showcasing something I've created during the week. Including art/jewellery/design/poetry etc.

"Clear Up, Round Up" (Sort Life Out Round Up?) ~ Showing pics, floor plans & ideas of my attack on my living space. Update whenever I make headway in my attempts to sort out the house.

"Inspiration of the Week" ~ Name speaks for itself. Can't decide whether this should be inspiration or recommendation of the week.

"Weekly Wishlist" ~ Self explanatory. All items not just clothes.

"Sort Life Out Book Club" ~ Book reviews, reccs updates, discussion? This not a weekly, but whenever I finish a book.

"Poetry is for Everyone" ~ An attempt to show that poetry isn't too mysterious or hard for anyone. This will include videos of slam poetry or readings as well as text posts, poem discussion & exploration.

I will still be doing OotDs and some general fashion stuff, but I think this will nicely integrate my creative side into the blog. Plus it means there will be a much more steady flow of updates as I feel less constrained by the parameters of my blog genre.

What do you guys think? Any questions or ideas concerning this change?

No comments:

Post a Comment