Saturday, July 07, 2012

OotD: Sailboats, Lace and a ALLIHALLA review


Sailboat Sundress ~ Marks & Spencers
Lace Bike Shorts ~ALLIHALLA
Cream Crochet Bolero ~ Monsoon
Lace Socks ~ New Look
Creepers ~ Underground UK
Glasses ~ KissKill

I have been looking for a sailboat print dress for quite some time, several summers in fact. And, as per usual, as soon as I stopped looking, there it was. I got it at a steal as well as its from a Marks & Spencers Outlet shop, so it was reduced to just £12.50. Not bad, if I do say so myself.


ALLIHALLA REVIEW:

I also got my order from Allihalla recently. I got these bike shorts and the garter shorts, which I haven't tried yet. I'd seen the garter shorts all over and thought they were adorable and looked really practical too. I got the bike shorts as almost an afterthought and I am so glad I did!

They are so comfortable, the waist can be pulled up high almost to my chest on me, or folded over if you need. Oh and the elastic doesn't dig in like so many other bike shorts I've tried because they have an almost bandeau top instead of a strip of elastic. Usually after a day in anything tight fitting I will immediatly rip it off, this is why me and shapewear are mortal enemies, but these I wore all day and would be happy to continue wearing them into the evening.

I really encourage you to go look at her shop, I am throuroughly impressed with the design and craftmanship of Alli obviously puts into her clothes.

I got a size large as I am a UK 20/22 and they fit great with plenty more stretch in them. I contacted Alli to make sure this size would fit as I am often wary of people using the term "Large" very loosely. She replied quickly and explained that it would fit because of the amazing amount of stretch in the shorts. She also mentions that she does do custom orders with your measurements, which is very encouraging for us larger ladies. :)


I wore this the day I went to Sheffield with my mother to see my brother. He's lived there years now and I've never visited him! I'm a terrible sister. But, as you can see above, I am a wonderful scowler!

Sheffield is beautiful, apparently it is the greenest city in the UK and I can believe it!


Obligatory blurry, dog picture.

Hope you guys are having a fine summer. :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment