Wednesday, August 29, 2012

OotD: I'm an Urban Mermaid!


Striped Peter Pan Dress ~ Domino Dollhouse
Spiked Alice Band ~ ASOS
SOPHIE Wristband ~ Illamasqua
Fountain Pen Earrings ~ Tatty Devine
Ruffle Socks ~ ASOS
Creepers ~ Undeground
Glasses ~ KissKill
Lipstick ~ Illamasqua "Apocalips"


My spur of the moment Domino Dollhouse order arrived today! I got this trapeze dress in a size 3X and it fits perfectly on my 20/22 UK frame. If you're a lot bustier than I am I would size up though.


At first the only piece I wanted from the Urban Mermaids collection was the bone dress, but  it sold out incredibly quickly and I have yet to get my paws on it. In a way I'm glad I didn't because otherwise I would never have ordered this dress and fallen completely in love.

I can see myself wearing it through the transition to autumn/winter as it is then adding cardigans and coats, tights & boots when it gets frosty. The shape is unusual and you never see a plus size piece with vertical stripes despite their "slimming" qualities. I also love a high neckline, but its got enough room in the collar not to be suffocating as some high necks can be.

I've noticed a few creases in these pictures, but they are not so noticeable in real life, except around the bust especially when sitting. I don't see it as a big problem, but I thought I'd point it out as I know some people have a real problem with creased clothes.


I thought I'd show as many angles as I could just sp non-US readers can get a good idea of what it looks like before they buy. Domino Dollhouse is one of the very few companies I would buy something from internationally, as it not cheap, but in my opinion this company is worth it.

I believe I've already written of my love for their petticoats, which maybe I ordered in mint & green on my late night order..... Me? Do that? Noooo, must be someone else! ;P


As soon as I slipped this dress on I knew I'd have to to add this headband to add a bit of a tough edge. Plus blue lips to really push the Urban Mermaids theme.


It is my birthday on sunday and as a little treat to myself I ordered my first pieces from Tatty Devine. These gorgeous fountain pen earrings and the little pierrot necklace from last weeks Weekly Wishlist.


Bonus dog picture because whenever I ask my mother to take pictures of me I always end up with twice as many pictures of the dogs! I can't blame her though, they are beautiful specimens.

Any of you bought anything from the recent Domino Dollhouse collection?

2 comments:

  1. I would have loved to been able to get this dress and the skirt DD did but sadly funds are very low. You look great! I would wear a nice big chunky belt with it for a different option but with your shoes and headband you have a great look! Those earrings are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeekkk!! Jealous!!! I love this whole outfit!! X

    ReplyDelete