Sunday, November 11, 2012

OotD: Halloween Inspired Everyday Wear


Red & Black Sugar Skull Necklace ~ Clare Knox-Bentham
Red/Black Oversized Jumper ~ ASOS
Skater Skirt ~ ASOS Curve
Pen Nib Earrings ~ Tatty Devine
Striped Tights ~ eBay
Creepers ~ Undergound UK


My "I'm going to try just a little today" college outfit is a nice slouchy jumper, skater skirt, tights & creepers. Its an easy, relaxed, but still cute look. I decided this after a week or two of wearing jeans & t-shirts and being throroughly bored of the combination. Then I checked my wardrobe & had to (had to, I say!) buy some more knitwear.


This jumper was an amazing find in the stright size section of ASOS, which since the oversized trend I've been checking a lot more. As you can see from the pictures the size 18 is massive! I think I could've bought a 16 and still have had room in it.

Its odd, I love red, but have only started wearing since dying my hair red, I would've thought it would clash, but I love the combination.


Though the stand out piece in this outfit is obviously the necklace. I went to the Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair with my college and was encouraged to look around and chat to the sellers where possible. We also had to pick a designer and talk about why we liked their work.

I chose Clare Knox-Bentham, as soon as I saw this necklace I knew I had to buy it as it just my style and knew I'd wear it a lot. The reason I liked Clare's pieces was her originality, from the style of her art to the material she uses I believe she is a real one off. I know this necklace is a one of a kind, irreplacable piece of art. The whole fair really made me think about design & the kind of craftmanship you get from a hand made item. Its really encouraged me to support designers like Clare and buy something special rather than throwing money away on flimsy, pieces everyone owns.

I will also being posting about the other items I bought at the fair.


We were having difficulty getting across hwo lovely this piece if through photography this gives a good impression of the colour and gloss of the piece, but also involves my very silly face. Ah well, can't win 'em all.

Do you prefer to buy one special handcrafted item or several mass produced pieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment