Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day 7: Build A Rocket Boys

Christmas feels so long ago, I am really ready for New Year's Eve. I'll be spending it at a Frank Turner gig. Rock on!

Day 7 ~ A Song That Reminds You Of A Certain Event:

Lippy Kids ~ Elbow


In 2011 I went to Leeds Festival, I was supposed to go with a friend, but she backed out. I am a very anxious person and I was terrified of going on my own. I always think when I do something alone that everyone is looking at me, judging me on being a friendless loser, but this whole magical weekend changed my mind. I had a fantastic time, didn't have to drink to enjoy myself, I just listened to amazing music and found some truly amazing talents in the comedy tent. I found that I had possibly an even better time than if I had gone with someone. I learned to appreciate my own company.

Elbow played this song, it was not long after the riots in Manchester last year and Guy Garvey spoke with great eloquence about this awful event. This will stick with me for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment