Friday, January 04, 2013

Day 13: She wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts, she’s cheer captain and I respect her right to wear whatever she wants and participate in traditionally ‘feminine’ activities because I understand that life is not about condemning another woman’s personal choices just because she doesn’t ‘deserve’ the boy i have a crush on

I don't believe in having guilty pleasures, I think just because people think something you like is crap is no reason to be guilty. Celebrate the things you love!

Day 13: A Song That is a Guilty Pleasure:

You Belong With Me ~ Taylor Swift


 

I guess this is a song people wouldn't think I'd like, but really I have a soft spot for Taylor Swift. Yeah, she has massively problematic lyrics and the even the video has the "bad" girl in red, while Taylor is resplendant in white. Hello, symbolism, but I like it. You can sing and dance to it.

Its a fun song. I do hope Taylor's lyrics and music mature with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment