Friday, March 15, 2013

Inspiration Strikes: Tropes vs Women in Video Games

No longer going to lie to you guys by calling these posts "Weekly Inspiration", they're never weekly and it just makes me feel bad when I don't post someting every week, from now on these will be titled "Inspiration Strikes".


Feminist Frequency: Tropes vs Women Damsel in Distress Part One.

Oh Anita Sarkeesian, if I didn't love you before just because you annoyed MRAs (Men's Rights Activists) so much, then I defnitely love you now. I'm really excited about these videos, I think video games are a ripe place for discussion and analysis when it comes to feminism. This first video starts to looks at the Damsel in Distress trope that has plagued games since the very beginning, I love how well researched and informed this video is. You can really get into it with absolutely no previous knowledge and yet even seasoned gamers will learn something new for sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment