Monday, March 04, 2013

Marvelous Mondays: (Faux) Leather

Welcome to the second installment of Marvelous Mondays, a weekly blog challenge between myself and three other fabulous fatshion bloggers. Make sure to go check out their outfits today, too! Links are at the bottom of the post.

Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!
This week’s theme: (Faux) Leather!


Leather Jacket ~ Vintage
Black Ruffle Top ~ George at Asda
Houndstooth Pencil Skirt ~ ASOS Curve
Galaxy Leggings ~ New Look Inspire
Velvet Creepers ~ Agyness Deyn for Dr. Marten
Bag ~ McQ by Alexander McQueen
Lipstick ~ Vamp it Up by Wet n Wild


Ok, so technically this coat is my mother's, but I took her to the shop it was in and we currently live in the sam house, so I borrow it a lot. It was a magical find, a plus size, vintage leather coat, with this much leather for under a hundred quid!

I love this week's Marvelous Monday theme! Leather is one of my favourite fashion materials, real or faux, I think its just fabulous.


Its makes me feel like a badass, I must say. I get some odd looks in the villages around where I live for having bright orange hair and wearing odd coloured lipstick, but in this I had people crossing the street! Seriously, it was hilarious because I am a huge softie.


Its also a great coat to wear over something I'm not 100% confident with yet, which is this bodycon pencil skirt. Having a big, voluminous coat made me feel a bit more confident and looking at this picture it actually looks pretty good. Who knows, maybe I'll go mad and get a bodycon dress!



My pin says "Jewellery is Life" and Jo from my class bought it for me when we were in London for an exhibit called "Unexpected Pleasures".



I would like to take a moment to gush about these shoes. I just wandered into the Manchester Dr Martens store because it was all done up and fancy, saw these were in the sale and fell in love with them all over again. I'd wanted them since they went online, but didn't have the funds. Glad I got them in store because I actually sized down in them! Very unusual, so keep that in mind if you see them on ebay, etc.


As always with my mum in charge of the camera, a silly picture! Sorry, I look so grumpy in the other pictures, but I'm just tired today. :)

Check out the other Marvelous Monday participants:


We're still open to adding new participants as well, so get in touch if you're interested!
Contact me at sian_morgan@live.co.uk or Jocelyn at fatfashionablefeminist@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment