Monday, March 11, 2013

Marvelous Mondays: Spikes/Studs

Welcome to the third installment of Marvelous Mondays, a weekly blog challenge between myself and four other fabulous fatshion bloggers. Make sure to go check out their outfits today, too! Links are at the bottom of the post.

Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!
This week’s theme: Studs/Spikes


Pansy Print Dress ~ Clements Ribeiro for Evans
Pleather Stud Jacket ~ Gerry Webber (very old!)
Leggings ~ Florence and Fred (Tesco's)
Velvet Creepers ~ Agyness Deyn for Dr. Martens
Spike Headband ~ Domino Dollhouse
Bag ~ Lazy Oaf
Lipstick ~ Underworld by Illamasqua

Originally I was going to wear a denim vest that I'd studded myself, but my house is being rewired at the moment, so I've completely lost track of where it is! But in my search I found this old pleather jacket with studs that's saved the day.


Weirdly, I prefer wearing this jacket now as a size 22 than I did as a size 18, it may have fit better back then, but I think I have a lot more confidence now.


I realised my last couple of posts have been very black heavy, so I thought I'd counter than a bit this week as Marvelous Mondays should be a bit of brighter ocassion! I've had this dress for months, but never worn it because I felt it was too dressy for college (and clean for the workshop), so its been languishing in my wardrobe, which is a shame because it is gorgeous.

Plus my newly bleached hair adds a bit of brightness too! I'll be posting pictures later this week of what my hair looks like after I dye it, what colour you ask? That's a suprise! (Unless you follow my tumblr. ;P)


I look so tired! Gosh, sorry this was the best close up I had. Haha. Yes, I am wearing spikes as well as studs with my lovely Domino Dollhouse headband, but its camouflaged by my hair a little.

Check out the other Marvelous Monday participants:
We're still open to adding new participants as well, so get in touch if you're interested!
Contact me at sian_morgan@live.co.uk or Jocelyn at fatfashionablefeminist@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment