Monday, April 01, 2013

Marvelous Monday: An Item You Have Trouble Styling

 Welcome to the sixth installment of Marvelous Mondays, a weekly blog challenge between myself and four other fabulous fatshion bloggers. Make sure to go check out their outfits today, too! Links are at the bottom of the post.

Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!
 
This week’s theme: Something You Have Trouble Styling


Marilyn Monroe Top ~ Next
Striped Skirt ~ ASOS Curve
Jacket ~ Domino Dollhouse
Footless Tights ~ M&S
Creepers ~ Dr. Martens
Alice Band ~ John Lewis
Lipstick ~ You're Perfect Already by MAC

 I've had this top for about two years and have worn it a grand total of once before today, but I never wanted to get rid of it because I really like it. I love Marilyn and the silver foil effect adds something different to my mainly black and white wardrobe. Before I've only worn it with thick, black leggings and I woulkd wear it with black skinny jeans, but I wanted to see how I could style it with a skirt, so I tried tucking it in. I quite like the result.


It was super windy today! And also really bright so pictures turned out terribly, I'm afraid. Shame because I love my make-up and new hair cut.


On Sunday my hair was a hot mess, the ends were so split and frizzy it was getting to me, so my brother picked up the scissors and he chopped two inches off so its all one length. And you know what? I love it! I think its a much better length on me and I like how blunt it is. Maybe my brother has a future in hairdressing. :)


I had a lovely day in Manchester with a very good friend, we went through Debenhams and House of Fraser, which meant Urban Decay, MAC and various other make-up was tested as you can see by the back of my hand in this picture.

I'll tell you on thing Urban Decay liquid liner is amazingly waterproof and took some getting off, I was very impressed. Now I want it in every colour!


Just to show you what the top looks like untucked. Its an awkward length, too short to be a dress, too long to be a top. I love the graphic print though and its lovely and soft.


 
I don't usually wear eyeshadow, but if I do its black and smudgy. 
Here I used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Paint Pot in Blackground
Geek Chic Cosmetics in Baby (Supernatural Collection)
Geek Chic Cosmetics in Brotherhood of Crows (Game of Thrones Collection)
Illamasqua Sealing Gel
Random Crappy Mascara

I really recommend Geek Chic Cosmetics eyeshadows, they're super fun, very pigmented and apply in a lovely manner, there photos are after about 8 hours wear.

Anyone have any mascara recommendations? Mine are all dried up and I need something new.

Check out the other Marvelous Monday participants:

No comments:

Post a Comment