Monday, April 08, 2013

Marvelous Mondays: Maxi Skirt/Dress

Welcome to the seventh installment of Marvelous Mondays, a weekly blog challenge between myself and four other fabulous fatshion bloggers. Make sure to go check out their outfits today, too! Links are at the bottom of the post.

Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!
 
This week’s theme: Maxi Skirt/Dress
 
 
Sheer Black Polka Dot Skirt ~ ASOS Curve
Johnny Depp Vest ~ Dorothy Perkins
Short Sleeved Hooded Top ~ Forever21+
Velvet Creepers ~ Agyness Deyn for Doc Martens 
Silver Reverse Cross ~ Rock n Rose
Lipstick ~ Rosary by Kat von D  
 
 
It was windy so you got an action shot today!

I have quite a few maxi dresses, but I decided to make a bit more difficult for myself and wear this skirt, which shamefully I have never worn before. Its lovely, but the inner part is very short on me. I might find a black tube skirt, cut out the current under skirt and sew a longer one in.
 
 
Forgot to take a picture without my hooded top on, so you don't get to the full beauty of young Johnny Depp on this t-shirt. Haha.
 
 
When I think maxi dresses and skirts I definitely think of summer, so maybe I'll wear this skirt more when the UK finally starts to warm up a little.
 
I like this outfit, but I think I could've worked it out a little better. Different top perhaps? I went to my first session of a roller derby starter course yesterday, so I am exhausted and sore, that's my excuse this week anyway! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment