Monday, April 29, 2013

Marvelous Mondays: Sheer Tops

Welcome to the another instalment of Marvelous Mondays, a weekly blog challenge between myself and four other fabulous fatshion bloggers. Make sure to go check out their outfits today, too! Links are at the bottom of the post.
 
Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!

Theme of the Week: Sheer Tops


Sheer Blue Top ~ Marks & Spencers
Black Camisole ~ Marks & Spencers
Puffball Skirt ~ ASOS Curve
Fishnet Tights ~ No name brand from TK Maxx
Wedge Trainers ~ New Look
Triple Horn Ring ~ Made by me (most recent college brief)  


I have about 5 sheer tops and I bloody love them, but I'm a bit shy about wearing them, especially without a cami top underneath. I'd love to be able to just wear a cute bra & a sheer top as I've seen so many fine, fat tumblr babes in that style and its lovely, but not for me just yet.

Especially when my brother takes my photos! 


First time I've worn this top because when I bought it I thought it was too small, which is mad as I am bigger than I was & I love the fit. Strange how a change of perspective turns things around.


I don't think I've ever worn a ring (apart from my thumb ring which I wear every day) on this blog, mainly because I have giant hands, so find it impossible to find rings that fit.

The rings I'm wearing in these photos are the final pieces for my most recent college brief, which was to make a cast ring based on something from the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. I chose Sophie Ryder and her fantastic minotaur sculptures. 



As you can see I made three stackable rings, two silver and one larger one in bronze. The silver pieces are textures on the inner part of the ring shank & the horns, whereas the bronze is smooth in these places, but textured around the outside of the ring. I'm really proud of this piece because I made the wax model in about half an hour before we had to hand it over to be cast. My original model broke on the final day, so I'm pleased I could make something I like so much in that time frame.

I might do a master post of what I've made in my jewellery course soon with better close up pictures. 

Jocelyn: http://fatfashionablefeminist.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment