Monday, May 06, 2013

Marvelous Mondays: Nature Inspired

Welcome to the another instalment of Marvelous Mondays, a weekly blog challenge between myself and four other fabulous fatshion bloggers. 

Make sure to go check out their outfits today, too! Links are at the bottom of the post.
 
Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!

Theme of the Week: Nature Inspired


Pansy Print Trousers ~ Clements Ribeiro for Evans
Sheer Pleather Collar Shirt ~ New Look Inspire
Black Bra ~ Marks & Spencers
Spike Earring ~ Topshop
Green Lip Tar ~ Botanical by OCC Cosmetics


Yes, your eyes are not mistaken I have indeed shaved half my hair off, more actually because the other side is shaved too!

Now where exactly is the nature in this outfit? Pansy print on my trousers, as pansies are my favourite flowers, my lip tar is called Botanical and the sheer is from those amazing translucent animals, like sea angels. Here is a cool article about transparent creatures. 


I also thought I'd bring in the nature with my backdrop. I love my mum's garden and now its spring its starting to get lovely and colourful. 

It is so hot and bright out that I forgoed shoes today, I'm going to pretend its a part of a nature inspired hippy vibe I'm channeling. :P


Last Marvelous Monday I didn't feel up to going sheer without a camisole, but this week I pushed myself a little. Plus its sweltering, so less layers = necessary.


On the weekend my brother got out the clippers and helped me remove a great deal of my hair. Strange seeing as I've been talking about growing out my hair for over a year, well long hair just didn't feel very me. It was like I'd lost my personal style a little, so I decided to be brave and go for the shaved sides/undercut that I've been secretly obsessing about for months.

I feel quite inspired to push myself & do things I've been wanting to do for ages, but keep putting off. So this week I hope to be getting my spetum pierced!


Some better pictures of my make-up, which is not bad for me! Haha.

Want to see more pictures of my new haircut head over to my instagram page! I have a good phone finally, so I'm updating a lot more, add me if you have an account.

No comments:

Post a Comment