Monday, June 03, 2013

Marvelous Mondays: Monochromatic

Welcome to the another instalment of Marvelous Mondays, a weekly blog challenge between myself and four other fabulous fatshion bloggers. 

Make sure to go check out their outfits today, too! Links are at the bottom of the post.
 
Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!

Theme of the Week:Monochromatic

 Dungarees ~ ASOS Curve
White T-Shirt ~ Dorothy Perkins
Wedge Trainers ~ New Look
Whistle Necklace ~ Vivienne Westwood
Watch ~ Marc Ecko
Resin Heart Brooch ~ Made by Me

It is far too bright today so I took twice as many pictures and still got very few decent results. I apologise for that.

This theme is a favourite of mine, nothing goes together like black and white, except maybe black and more black. :P


Ah, dungarees, a very divisive topic in fashion circles, some wish they'd stay in the 90s, others welcome them with open arms, I have to say I'm in the later camp. Though they're not technically flattering for someone with a fat belly like me, I love them, they're very easy to wear, cute and you can throw so many different tops under them they look different very time you where them. Win!


I think I may have underdone my accessories, in my head this worked, next time I'd wear a bigger necklace or an alice band, just something a bit bigger and brasher. This looks a little more casual than what I was going for, oh well, can't win 'em all.

 

Another problem taking this weeks photos is my brother kept making me laugh and I forgot what little I know about posing!

Wish I had a better shot of these trainers they are fantastic and I was trying to go for a sport luxe feel with them, which is as near to sport as I am willing to go. ;P


Close up of my jewellery as it was lost they were lost in the above pictures and I am very proud of my resin brooch the sparkle came out perfectly.

If you want to join our challenge just contact me or one of the other Marvelous Monday ladies.

Now check out everyone else's outfits!


No comments:

Post a Comment