Monday, June 10, 2013

Marvelous Mondays: Pattern Mixing

Welcome to the another instalment of Marvelous Mondays, a weekly blog challenge between myself and four other fabulous fatshion bloggers. 

Make sure to go check out their outfits today, too! Links are at the bottom of the post.
 
Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!

Theme of the Week: Pattern Mixing

 
TV Print Dress (As Top) ~ Chelsea Girl at River Island
Dogtooth Peplum Skirt ~ ASOS Curve
Rib Cage Necklace ~ Black Heart Creatives
Heart Earrings ~ Black Heart Creatives
Burgundy Velvet Flatforms ~ Agyness Deyn for Doc Martens
Glasses ~ KissKill
Lipstick ~ Charmed, I'm Sure by MAC (Marilyn Monroe Limited Edition)
 
 
This week's theme was quite a challenge to me as generally I wear a lot of block colours and if I wear a print it will be the only print in the outfit, so print mixing was a little intimidating to me. I actually ended up loving this outfit though because I felt really confident and I used two pieces that I rarely wear together. Score!
 

Showing off my Black Heart Creatives rib cage necklace and the gorgeous tv print on this dress, which is a size 16 by the way, I may wear it more now I've worked out I can wear it as a top! I know loads of bloggers wear dresses as tops, but I first saw it on the wonderful Natalie from XL as Life as a way to wear bodycon dresses if you're not quite ready to wear it alone.
 
 
My earrings are upside down because I am a mess, but at least my hair and lipstick look good! ;P
 
If you want to join our challenge just contact me or one of the other Marvelous Monday ladies.

Now check out everyone else's outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment