Friday, June 07, 2013

Shoes of Prey: Design Your Perfect Shoes

I forget exactly how I stumbled onto Shoes of Prey, but I am oh so glad that I did! Its a site where you can design shoes, to your specifications and its so much fun.

As someone with large feet (UK size 9), its extremely gratifying to me that the shoes from Shoes of Prey go from a childs size 12 1/2 to adult UK 13 1/2 including all half sizes. Not only that but you can specify if you need a width adjustment from extra narrow to extra wide, as well as if you require shoes in different sizes for each foot. Any other requirements can be discussed with Shoes of Prey by emailing their customer service team. And from what I have seen on twitter they are a very friendly and helpful.

They even state that if you get in contact it is possible for them to make larger or smaller shoes though this would of course take more time and cost a little more.

So, what are my perfect shoes? Here's a few of my designs for you to find out!

I am a bit of a flatform obsessive and since breaking my ankle they're the best way for me to get a little height. I wish Shoes of Prey had a way to specify how high the flatform part was so you could have super high flatforms, which I would love, but might not be everyone's cup of tea.

They, of course, so heels as well and even though I can't wear them I love heels, so I made a few of them too.

Each part of the shoe type you choose can be changed and you can choose from many different kinds of leather, suede, snakeskin, cotton, silk, hair, sparkle material, fishskin and vegan leather. So there is definitely plenty to choose from! You can also order small sample pieces of each of the materials to get a better idea of what they will look like on the final product.

Depending on your outlook and budget you might think that the shoes are expensive, but considering you get to design the whole thing and the shoe is handmade I think they're fine value and should last you a life time if you look after them properly.

Though I do not have the money to splash out on any of these shoes just yet, I will continue having fun designing new dream shoes.

What would your dreams shoes consist of?

(This is in no way a sponsored post, I just liked the online designer a lot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment