- List 11 facts about yourself
- Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate (not including your nominator)
- Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers that you nominate
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator
- Thank your nominator and give a link to their blog
- I hoard art and craft supplies like they're gold.
- I am very messy and I would emphasise not dirty, just messy. I cannot live minimally, I have a lot of stuff, I like clutter and it tends to pile up around me, this can irritate a lot of people though!
- I have man hands, this led me to start making jewellery so I make rings and bracelets that would actually fit me. My ring sizes are Z and up, bangles are impossible to find in my size.
- I cannot cope without something on in the background, this used to be just music, but now I'll even have seasons of televisions shows looping. I hate silence and being with my own thoughts too long.
- I have the controversial opinion that The Simpsons didn't get worse in later seasons, there is still some damn fine comedy to be found there.
- I am obsessed with post apocalyptic worlds in all media,
- I no longer remember why but my mother and brother who live with us hiss at each other as a greeting.
- I love quotes, which has become my "thing" at college as nearly all my work has either a quote on it or is a representation of a quote.
- I love reading and literature is a huge passion of mine, but I go through long periods of not reading. I have two settings: not reading a word or not doing anything else.
- My middle name is Angharad, which caused me a lot of grief to spell when I was learning to write. My mother told me I came home from school saying, "Can't like Angharad!" Such a moody kid so young.
- Every year or so I decide to grown my hair out as long as possible, the longest its been a couple of inches below my shoulders, shortest is about an inch. I love changing my hair far too much.
- How old is the oldest item of
clothing in your wardrobe?
I have clothes from when I was about 16, so that is 6 years old, I am genetically incapable of throwing things out. My mother is the same and so were her parents! Mostly just tops from back then, I should really do a charity clear out. EDIT: Nope just realised I am wearing a System of a Down T-Shirt that my brother got me when I was 12, yes I own a very worn band tee. ;P
Why did you start your blog?
This is such a hard question! So many reasons, I wanted an outlet, I loved fashion, but I wasn't confident enough to wear the clothes I like. I was super inspired by many wonderful fat bloggers out there and I wanted to join in the community. To be honest I wasn't confident at all, I had bad self image and no idea about fat acceptance. I decided after about a year of reading some wonderful peoples' blogs that I'd start my own. I did it for fun, I never thought I'd have so many wonderful followers and lovely people who comment on my posts. I know getting around the 80 mark for followers isn't that much compared to some, but I really never thought I'd get more than ten! I think over the year and a half I've been blogging my style has changed and evolved, so I'm finally dressing in a way that makes me happy. :D
Do you have any personal 'fashion rules'?
Wear what you want, as long as you are confident and comfortable then its all good.
- What frustrates you most about
plus size clothing / stores / ranges?
I cannot pick one thing here, so lack of trends as well as lack of adventurous, masculine and alternative clothing really annoys me. I wish I could walk into a store like a straight size person and buy cute fashionable things, like everything you see in Topshop and River Island. I want to be able to buy cute shorts, playsuits, pinafores, crop tops and modern clothing on the high street. Apparently too much to ask.
What is the sexiest song in the
Send Me To The 'Lectric Chair because I think killing men is sexy. ;p /misandry.
Do you think you’re beautiful?
Am I conventionally attractive? No. I'm not even attractive in the alternative community. This of course doesn't mean I am not beautiful in other ways. I still have bad self image days, but yes I think that I can be beautiful, not every day, but I'm working on it. :)
What would your last meal be?
Beef Wellington and potatoes daulphinoise, some tender stem broccoli and jus.
Do you have any addictions?
I spend too much when I'm manic, but no serious addictions. I do hate the way people use the word addiction though as real addictions impact people's lives in huge ways, so if you have a lot of shoes or like chocolate a whole lot, that's great, but you are not a addict.
Which is chocolate is better,
Cadbury or Galaxy?!
Cadbury, I'm really loving the limited edition oreo cadbury chocolate that's out at the moment. Yum.
What’s your favourite beauty
product (I mean an enduring love, not a fleeting infatuation!)?
Illamasqua lipsticks. I have tonnes, I want to collect them all!
What would you wear to the Oscars?!
Preferably something Alexander McQueen, but off the top of my head..... Huge black torn taffeta monstrosity with a leather corset top with silver studs all over it. Crazy netted or feathery headpiece. Oh and the skirt part would have a big gap in it like Sarah Jessica Parker's dress from the Met Gala. Wedge creepers or New Rocks for shoes.
The Lovely Stephanie from Alternative Musings' Questions:
- What is your favourite band?
Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls, though Florence & The Machine as well as Tool are close seconds.
- If you could go on holiday anywhere where would it be?
Hmmm.... My friend is getting married in her home land of Poland in a few months and I wish I had the money to go, so Polish wedding, please!
- Which blogger inspires you most?
Hard question! So I will provide a couple of answers because I am a cheat.
Kellie B at Fatshion Insider has style like you would not believe. I've been following her for a long time and she's never boring, she always has some fresh take on trends as well as following her own fashion loves. Her blog is the perfect inspiration for any plus size woman.
Kirsty at Fatty Unbound has enviable style and she makes her own clothes, which are fabulous and makes me want to get the old sewing machine out again. That's not even mentioning her fantastic zines, thrifty fashion, tutorials and fantastic body positive space.
Micheal Spookshow at His Black Dress is a newer blogger to me, but man I am in love! I'm a huge proponent of dismantling gender roles and maybe its having been fed a steady diet of Eddie Izzard as a young child, but I love a man in a dress. Mr Spookshow has a killer sense of style I adore his alternative wardrobe and the how badass he is. Fashion should be for everyone, dresses aren't women's clothing, they belong to whoever buys them. ;p
I could go on, but if you want to see more bloggers I love look over to your left for my blog roll.
- What is your favourite book?
Moon Palace by Paul Auster. You know a book is good when you stay up all night to read it because you cannot put it down. I then lay on my bed for an hour just processing this story, just breath taking. I cannot thank the person who lent this to me enough for introducing me to one of my now favourite authors.
- What is your biggest fear?
The ocean terrifies me! I think its the idea of the unknown as not being able to see the bottom of any body of water gives me the heebie jeebies.
- What would be the one thing you would save in a fire?
My dogs then probably jewellery, like my charm bracelet and things I've made as I am sentimental as hell. I sleep listening to podcasts on my phone so that would be in my hand too. ;P
- Skirt or trousers?
I was team trousers for yonks, probably only the last 2 years that I have become an ardent lover of skirts.
- What is your favourite TV show?
This changes all the time depending what I'm watching and into that week, but firm faves are Better Off Ted, 30 Rock, Futurama, Adventure Time, Archer, anything with Charlie Brooker in it and Battlestar Galatica.
- What is your favourite feature on the opposite and same sex?
Physical features? Eyes, jawline, hair.
Non-physical features? Sense of humour (cliche I know), style, way they express themselves, creativity and ability to laugh at themselves.
- What is your favourite film?
Ghost World, Clerks, Hard Candy, Charlie Bartlett, 12 Angry Men, Manic, Dr. Strangelove.
- What would you buy if money was no object?
So many things, like a fully fit workshop for all my art/jewellery making/craft needs, a house for my mother, enough therapy sessions for my family (we are all seven kinds of crazy, oh genetics) and loads of cool stuff for my friends. If I ever won the lottery the money would be gone in seconds because I'd just buy stuff for people I like all the time.
Anyone who takes up this tag will have to answer my questions:
- What inspires you most?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is the most precious item you own? (Precious as in monetary or sentimental value)
- What is your favourite quote?
- Do you have any interesting future plans for your blog?
- You've been given an infinite budget for an evening to entertain. Who do invite (celebs/dead/fictional/location is no object), what do you serve, what entertainment do you put on and what do you wear?
- Describe your ultimate outfit.
- What book affected you in the biggest way?
- If you could only have three wishes, what would you wish for? (No wishing for more wishes!)
- Do you have an controversial opinions that would surprise your followers?
- What's the biggest secret that you're willing to admit here?