Monday, July 01, 2013

Marvelous Mondays: Floral

Welcome to the another instalment of Marvelous Mondays, a weekly blog challenge between myself and four other fabulous fatshion bloggers. 

Make sure to go check out their outfits today, too! Links are at the bottom of the post.
 
Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favorite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!

Theme of the Week: Floral
 


Black Floral Lace Jacket ~ Topshop
White T-Shirt ~ Dorothy Perkins
Black Layered Skirt ~ Next
Tattoo Print Shoes ~ Alegria
Upside Down Cross Necklace ~ Rock n Rose
Chunky Silver Hoop Earrings ~ Accessorise
White Hair Flower ~ Accessorise
Lipstick ~ Kaos by Geek Chic Cosmetics




Thank you so much to everyone who bought something from my blog sale, that money plus some lent to me by parents mean I have a new camera! I got my first DSLR, its a Canon 100D and I'm in love, hopefully you'll be seeing a lot better photography from me over time. These were taken by my mother, but I've also bought a tripod and remote so I can direct my own pictures from now on.


This was an odd theme for me because I tend not to do traditional ditsy floral prints, in fact the only properly floral print items in my wardrobe have been used in previous themes here and here. So I went for a more 'me' version of florals, so of course its black and gothic.



I adore this jacket, it was a steal down from over £40 to £10 in a Topshop sale last year. I have to be in the right frame of mind to shop at Topshop though as someone who is obviously over a size 16 it can be a bit depressing if you're not feeling ultra confident.



I thought having shorter hair would mean no hair accessories, but hey I think hair flowers still work in the longer part. 

If you want to join our challenge just contact me or one of the other Marvelous Monday bloggers.

Now check out everyone else's outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment