Monday, September 02, 2013

Marvelous Monday: OTT Birthday Special!

Welcome to the another instalment of Marvelous Mondays, a weekly blog challenge between myself and four other fabulous fatshion bloggers.
 
Our philosophy: Monday is nobody’s favourite day of the week, but maybe its terrible reputation is a little undeserved. We’re on a mission to make ours (and hopefully yours) a little less awful by dressing marvelously!


Cityscape Top ~ Frankenwalder (via local boutique) 
Pleather Sleeveless Jacket ~ New Look
Pleather Pleated Skirt ~ Primark
Leggings ~ Florence & Fred (Tesco's)
Reverse Cross 'Kora' Necklace ~ Rock 'N Rose
 
Velvet Creepers ~ Dr Martens
Lipstick Brooch ~ Topshop
Dog Brooch ~ Cath Kidston
Giant Bow Headband ~ Claires (maybe?)
Lipstick ~ Lord & Berry 'Black Red'


I am 23 today! I totally didn't plan to have my favourite theme on my birthday, it was just a wonderful coincidence. OTT is such an amazing theme because you can turn up the volume on any part of fashion, colour, accessories, formality, volume, or just go full out into whatever fashion subculture you please.

Its going to be interesting to see what aspect everyone goes OTT on this week!



I once read in a fashion magazine that you should take off at least one accessory before leaving the house, which is not really my cup of tea, as long as you're comfortable wear as many or as few accessories as you like. This week I added about seven then put a big bow on my head for good measure!



For my birthday, my mother and I picked up sandwiches from a local deli and ate them sitting on the grass before taking the dogs on a walk. Nothing fancy, but I loved it, haven't seen my mum in a while and I do love the simplicity of good food and a nice walk.

The deli we went to is in a fancier part of town and its always funny to see reactions to how I dress. I've never seen another goth or even scene/punk person around, so proper 'grown up' types tend to look a little scandalised, but little old ladies and kids always smile so wide when they see me!



Its weird, despite this supposedly being an OTT look, I've never been so comfortable with how I look, maybe I should go over the top more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment